- All entries must be received by midnight on August 31, 2018. Mail entries to Recipe Contest, Saltscapes, 2882 Gottingen Street, Halifax, NS B3K 3E2. Alternatively you may fax entries to Saltscapes at (902) 464-3755, or submit online.
- If submitting via regular mail, recipes must be typed or clearly printed, one side only, on standard letter-size (8.5x11-inch) paper. You may enter as often as you wish but each entry must be on a separate sheet of paper. Each entry must include your name, address, telephone number and email address in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Multiple entries may be mailed in the same envelope.
- Recipes must be attributed to their original source. Contestants are responsible for any infringement on third-party rights.
- Each entry must list the ingredients and the quantity of each required, in order of use, followed by clear and complete directions. Each recipe should include the suggested number of servings. Comments or stories around recipes, including how or why a dish is your favourite recipe, are appreciated, and please do tell us how your recipe is connected to the East Coast.
- Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries become the property of Saltscapes Publishing Limited and may be edited, modified, adapted, published or otherwise used in any way without compensation. Saltscapes assumes no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, damaged or that cannot be processed for any reason.
- The contest is open to all individuals who are not food professionals (eg. chefs, food home economists), who are 19 years of age or over, and are not employees or domiciled with employees of Saltscapes or any other prize-offering company.
- Recipes will be judged by a panel of food experts/enthusiasts, based on taste, creativity and ease of preparation for the average household cook. Winners will be contacted within 90 days of the contest close date.
- Prior to being declared a winner, an entrant will be asked to sign an agreement regarding participation in the contest and compliance with all contest rules.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not redeemable for cash. Winners may be responsible for picking up their prizes at the Saltscapes editorial office in Bedford, NS, or at a specified location in their area.
- Winning contestants will be identified in the February/March 2019 issue of Saltscapes. Entry constitutes permission to use the winner's name, recipe and hometown for editorial and promotional purposes by Saltscapes. Saltscapes will publish as many winning recipes as space permits.
- None of the participating sponsors, including Saltscapes, their subsidiaries and affiliates, their advertising agencies, sponsors, advisors or any of their employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents, successors or assigns are responsible for or bear any liability whatsoever, in any way, attributable to any prize awarded, nor makes any warranties or representation in respect of any prize awarded except as specifically made by the participating sponsors, including Saltscapes, in these Contest Rules, nor undertakes any responsibility or liability for matters which may inhibit, reduce or prevent enjoyment of the prize.
- The judges’ decisions are final and binding.
All entries must be received by midnight on August 31, 2018. But don’t delay: send us your favourite recipes today!
There are 3 ways to enter!
2882 Gottingen Street
Halifax, NS B3K 3E2
- Fax: (902) 464-3755