Chicken with Blueberry Sauce
- By: Marie Nightingale. Photography: Perry Jackson.
- Serves: 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup (75 mL) red wine
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) grated lemon rind
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Sauté chicken breasts in canola oil over medium-high heat until browned and just cooked through, turning once. (Time depends on thickness of chicken; test after 4 minutes on each side.) Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
Sauté garlic and onion until transparent. Add wine and stir browned bits from bottom of pan; cook until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add blueberries and lemon rind; simmer until berries are heated through, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon over chicken breasts and serve. Makes 4 servings.