- 4 6 oz (175 g) wild salmon steaks or fillets
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) maple syrup
Arrange salmon on baking sheet.
In a bowl, mix lemon juice, pistachios, brown sugar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Press mixture firmly on salmon steaks or fillets. Drizzle with maple syrup and bake at 375°F (190°C) for approximately 15-20 minutes. (Check for “doneness,” keeping in mind salmon will continue to cook slightly when removed from oven). Makes 4 servings.