- 8 cups (2 L) chicken broth
- 11/4 lb (625 g) potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups (500 mL) peeled and diced carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced leeks (white part only)
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced zucchini
- 2 cups (500 mL) trimmed and diced green beans
- 2 cups (500 mL) trimmed and diced yellow beans
- 1 24-oz (725-g) can, diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 oz (42 g) vermicelli, uncooked
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 6 leaves, fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) sea salt
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) olive oil
Place chicken broth in a large stock pot. Add vegetables and canned tomatoes; cook, covered, for 45 minutes.
Add vermicelli and cheese; simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes.
Prepare the pistou by placing all ingredients, except oil, into a food processor. With the processor running, pour in oil in a steady stream, until all ingredients are incorporated.
Ladle the soup into bowls and drizzle with the pistou. Makes 6-8 servings.