Ingredients4 tbsp (60 mL) mayonnaise
2 slices sourdough bread
2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
1 cup (250 mL) panko breadcrumbs
4 thin slices old cheddar cheese
1 small potato, grated
4 slices bacon, cooked
6 thin slices peperoncini peppers or jalapeño peppers (optional)
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread mayonnaise evenly on each side of sourdough bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk one egg with milk. Place panko breadcrumbs on a small plate.
- In a frying pan over medium high heat, melt small amount of butter. Dip one side only of each slice of sourdough bread into the egg and milk mixture, then dip that side in panko breadcrumbs. Fry both sides and set aside.
- Fry egg to desired doneness. Set aside.
- Fry grated potato in oil until brown. Set aside.
Assemble in the following order: bread, cheese slices, fried egg, fried grated potato, bacon and peperoncini peppers. Place back in frying pan to warm before serving. Makes 2 servings of a half sandwich each.