SALTSCAPES AMATEUR PHOTO CONTEST RULES
- To enter, complete the entry form online. There is no entry fee. The 2020 contest deadline is 31 Dec 2020 at midnight.
- Entries must be received by (31 Dec 2020 at midnight). Saltscapes takes no responsibility for lost entries.
- To be eligible to win in any/all categories, a photograph must have been taken on Canada’s East Coast, including: the Atlantic provinces and Quebec Maritime (including Iles de la Madeleine, Gaspé Peninsula).
- Each photo can be entered in one category only: Landscape & Nature, Uniquely Atlantic Canada, World Up Close, and People/Folks. Each photograph must be accompanied by a separate entry form. Entries are limited to 5 entries per category, per month, per person.
- Entries may be colour or black-and-white digital photographs. Moderate digital adjustment (colour correction, cropping, sharpening, etc) is acceptable, but any image with a watermark or signature will be automatically disqualified. Winners will be required to submit original material (high resolution files) for reproduction purposes, so winning pictures can be published. Digital entries can be uploaded electronically as jpg files at saltscapes.com/photocontest. Digital files must be at least 3MB in size. Maximum file size: 6MB
- The photographer requires the written consent of all individuals in the photo and consent from individuals who own personal property (buildings, gardens, etc) featured in the photograph.
- By submitting the online form, the photographer grants to Saltscapes and its Photo Contest Sponsors the right to publish the photographer's winning entry along with the photographer's name for marketing and promotional purposes. The photographer will not receive further compensation for such publication. Winners also agree that without further payment, their winning photograph entry may be used in print or electronic form to promote future photo contests by Saltscapes magazine and/or its Sponsors. It is the responsibility of the contestant to ensure that publication of the photographs by Saltscapes magazine raises no legal claims. The photographer must own all rights to any photographs entered in this contest.
- No person may win more than one prize. Previous Grand Prize or first place winners in any year, and in any category of the Saltscapes Photo Contest are not eligible to win a prize in this year’s contest. Only one winner per household (same home address) is permitted.
- Photographs previously published in any print publication, in full or in part, will be disqualified.
- Professional and semi-professional photographers (any photographers who earn more than $5,000 a year selling their photographs) are not eligible to enter.
- The names of the winners, and as many of their photographs as space permits, are scheduled to be published in the April/May 2021 issue of Saltscapes magazine. Before being awarded a prize, each winning photographer will be required to sign an agreement declaring that: (a) he or she doesn't work as a professional; (b) the photograph submitted is his or her original work; (c) the photograph was taken at the location specified on the entry form.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not redeemable for cash. If prizes cannot be mailed, winners are responsible for picking up their prizes at the Saltscapes office in Halifax, NS.
ELIGIBILITY: The Saltscapes Photo Contest is open to any amateur photographer who spends time on Canada’s East Coast, except employees of Saltscapes and prize-sponsoring companies, judges, and their immediate families. Only the photographer has the right to submit a photograph. Prizes will be awarded to the photographers.
JUDGING: Entries will be judged by a panel. The decisions of the judges are final. Winners will be notified by telephone or e- mail. The Saltscapes staff will also select two ‘staff favourites.’
By submitting the online entry form, the photographer consents to the entry of his or her submission and agrees to abide by the contest rules.