A Maritime twist on a classic dish.
- 8 cups (2 L) water
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- 1 package linguini (approx. 500 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) country bacon, cut into small cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chives, finely chopped for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
Add water to a large pot and set to boil. Once boiling, add salt and linguini. Stir to loosen the strands, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and bacon; cook about 4-5 minutes, until bacon is getting crispy, and drain on a paper towel.
In a bowl, whisk eggs, cheese and cream; set aside.
Once pasta is cooked, drain and put back into the pot. Do not return to heat. Working quickly, add egg mixture to hot pasta, stirring to let eggs cook through and melt cheese. Add bacon; season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Serve immediately, garnishing top of each dish with fresh chives.
Makes 4 servings.