- 2 cups (500 mL) uncooked couscous
- 2 ½ cups (625 mL) vegetable stock (for cooking couscous)
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded carrot
- ½ cup (125 mL) finely diced celery
- ½ cup (125 mL) halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup (125 mL) raisins
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked chickpeas
- ¼ cup (50 mL) apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) olive or grapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) good curry powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2mL) black pepper
In a medium pot, bring stock to a boil and add couscous, turn off the heat and cover. Let couscous sit for 10 minutes and then fluff it up with a fork.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix remaining salad vegetables, along with raisins, chickpeas and parsley.
In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients and mix well.
Add fluffed couscous into vegetable mix and pour dressing over top. Stir well and let sit for at least an hour before serving.