An egg-cellent idea for brunch that is sure to impress.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 12 croissants
- 8 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) almond extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh raspberries
Grease a 9 X 13 pan with butter; set aside.
Tear croissants into bite size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl.
In a bowl, whisk eggs, and cream; set aside.
In another large bowl, whisk eggs, cinnamon, salt, milk, cream, brown sugar and almond extract and pour over croissant pieces. Mix by hand and pat bread mixture into greased pan; top with blueberries and raspberries.
Bake in a preheated 350°F (180°C) oven for 1 hour.
Serve with local maple syrup.
Makes 6 servings.