Ingredients2 qt (1.9 L) dandelion petals
1 bottle (750 mL) white grape juice
5 pts (2.4 L) water
2 1/2 lbs (1.2 kg) sugar
1 pkg Champagne yeast
1tsp (5 mL) yeast nutrient
- Pick and remove petals; put in straining bag and tie closed. Bring water to boil, place bag in water and simmer in covered pot for about 20 minutes. Cool.
- Drain and squeeze bags lightly and return to low boil. Add sugar and lemon and oranges peels (avoid pith). Simmer about 1 hour.
- Pour into crock. Add juice, pulp and grape juice. Cool. Add yeast and nutrient.
- Cover and leave to ferment for 3 days.
- Rack into carboy. When done, rack again and rack every 50 days until no sediment remains.
- Bottle and allow to age 1 year. ~JD